Weekly Snack Prep
Like so many of you, I’m a working momma. Our family takes full advantage of our weekends together and we try to spend as much time as possible playing outside, exploring something/somewhere new and visiting our friends & family. Heading into the work week, I find that when I make time to prep for the week in even in the smallest of ways, it’s amazing how much smoother the transition from weekend to Monday goes.
Just recently, my office signed on a with a local lunch delivery service that provides super fresh, healthy meals throughout the week! One less thing to prep for the week has been amazing. It’s the little things, right?
With that being such a great change to my weekly meals, I decided to put my focus on another small change – snack prep! I am one of those people that would much rather eat something on the smaller side every few hours than sit down for a huge meal, especially during the work week.
Snack prepping for the week has been a fun, super simple change. It takes me 30 minutes to 1 hour total, once I have my grocery shopping done. (I usually do my prep during Karter’s nap or right before bed on Sunday.) The key is to do 5 days worth, 2-3 snacks per day, all at one time. Try to include some protein in all snacks – it’s amazing how much more full & energized you will feel all day!
Here are some of my favorites to get you started:
- Hard boiled or baked egg & fruit (grapes or a peach has been my go-to lately) – Hard boiled/baked post HERE.
- A few small cubes/slices of cheese & 2 pieces of low sodium turkey
- Celery & peanut butter with raisins (channeling my inner kindergartener – ants on a log!)
- Vanilla Greek yogurt with frozen berries (You can buy a huge bag of frozen blueberries, raspberries and blackberries at Costco for around $10 and it’ll last a couple of weeks! Great for smoothies, too.)
- Small/medium apple with peanut butter
- Celery, carrots, or cucumber slices with hummus & hot sauce
- 100 calorie pack of pretzels & a light cheesestick
Comment below to share your meal or snack prep favorites!
Happy Sunday, friends!
Get ready for a great week ahead –
It’s the SMALL changes you make that will have such a MAJOR impact.
Finally, a beauty brand that puts your HEALTH FIRST.